People with disability and or mental health issues are often unable to attend live music unless they are with parents or support worker. Bandmates Victoria is a great initiative which matches people who are over 18 with a trained Volunteer to see live music. The program creates solid foundations that facilitate social access, build community connections and enhance wellbeing through access to popular and independent arts and culture.
They do this by:
- Matching Bandmates and Volunteers who have shared music tastes
- Recruiting and training Volunteers to participate in the program
- Fostering and encouraging industry development of music venues and festival staff
How can you get involved?
If you want to be a Bandmate or Volunteer, information on the application process and how to apply can be found on the web site. Alternatively you can contact Bandmates Victoria through the following:
- Phone: 0437 161 061 or 0409 841 985
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.fb.com/bandmatesvic
- Instagram: @bandmatesvic
- Website: maribyrnong.vic.gov.au